Projects and Fundigs
Projects and Fundings
National funding (Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research)
The focus of the Crisis lab is to develop models using empirical data to describe the vulnerabilities of diverse socio-technical systems which have a complex underlying dependency structure. The globalization of our planet requires state-of-the-art methodologies for better understanding the dependency structure of multi-level systems which can be vulnerable to catastrophic failure.
FIRB Futuro in Ricerca 2012 Linea 3 - ViWaN, The global virtual-water network: social, economic, and environmental implications: social, economic, and environmental implications. This project will analyze the largely unexplored implications of globalization of water inherent in the food trade. Are involved in the project: Politecnico di Torino, Francesco Laio, Associate professor in Water Engineering; IMT Lucca, Massimo Riccaboni, Associate prof. in Economy and Management; Università di Trento, Stefano Schiavo, Associate professor in Political Economics; Università di Firenze, Elisa Masi, Assistant professor in Agronomy.
PRIN 2009 World Trade Networks - Empirical Analysis and Theoretical Models
- FP7: Project FOC - Forecasting Financial Crisis
- FP7: Project E-PRICE - Price-based Control of Electrical Power Systems
- EXODUS - Emigration of High-Skilled Individuals due to Short-Term Contracts
- Istituzioni, dinamiche sociali e sviluppo economico (PRIN 2009)
- Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (FWO, Belgium), 2013: The Nature and Consequences of Firms' Involvement and Collaboration in Basic Research The aim of the research project is to examine the nature and consequences of firms' involvement in basic scientific research. Promoter: René Belderbos (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven); Co-promoters: Leten Bart (KU Leuven), Massimo Riccaboni (IMT Lucca), Kelchtermans Stijn (Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel).