2019/20 ECONOMICS SEMINAR SERIES
SAN FRANCESCO COMPLEX – PIAZZA S. FRANCESCO 19
- September 25, 2 pm - Giacomo Calzolari, European University Institute
- November 6, 2 pm - Matteo Bugamelli, Banca d'Italia
- November 20, 2 pm - Michal Krawczyk, Warsaw
- December 6, 2 pm - Giovanni Ponti, Alicante & LUISS
- January 15, 2 pm - Alex Teytelboym, Oxford
- January 29, 2 pm - Lola Collado, Alicante
- February 5, 2 pm - Ennio Bilancini, IMT Lucca
- February 12, 2 pm - Michael Lechner, St. Gallen
- April 22, 2 pm - Mattia Nardotto, KU Leuven
- May 6, 2 pm - Miklos Koren, CEU Budapest
2018/19 ECONOMICS SEMINAR SERIES
- September 26, 2pm - Andreas Moxnes, University of Oslo
- October 10, 2pm - Leonardo Boncinelli, Università degli Studi di Firenze
- October 24, 2pm - Lorenzo Casaburi, University of Zurich
- November 7, 2pm - Ignacio Monzón, Collegio Carlo Alberto
- November 28, 2pm - Rosario Crinò, Università Cattolica di Milano
- December 19, 2pm - Alexandra Roulet, INSEAD
- January 9, 2pm Piero - Gottardi, University of Essex
- January 23, 2pm - Marco Grazzi, Università Cattolica di Milano
- January 16, 2pm - Beata Javorcik, University of Oxford
- February 13, 2pm - Kalina Manova, University College London
- March 13, 2pm - Michele Garagnani, University of Zurich
- March 13, 3pm - Miguel Borrella Mas, University of Navarra
- March 20, 2pm - Fabrizio Panebianco, Università Cattolica di Milano
- April 3, 2pm - Johannes Boehm, Science Po Paris
- April 17, 2pm - Glenn Magerman, Université Libre de Bruxelles
- April 29, 11am - Pol Antràs, Harvard
- May 8, 2pm - Patrick Legros, Université Libre de Bruxelles; Northeastern University
- May 22, 2pm - Miklos Koren, Central European University
- June 5, 2pm - Luigi Pascali, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- June 18, 5pm - Samuel Bowles, Santa Fe Institute
- June 19, 2pm - Guillermo Noguera, Yale
IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is honored to host 7th annual Workshop on Networks in Economics and Finance (NETEF 2018) to be held on Friday Sepetember 14th and Saturday September 15th in Lucca Italy. This workshop is organized jointly with CIRANO and the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas, and builds on the successful CIRANO Workshops on Networks in Trade and Finance that have taken place in Montreal and Fayetteville, Arkansas over the last six years.
The workshop gathers researches to share and discuss advances in theoretical and empirical analysis of social and economic networks. We welcome researchers working on various topics within economics and finance, including: trade, economic development, game theory, financial contagion, systemic risk, production networks, and network formation.
The keynote speakers of the workshop will be:
Yann Bramoullé (Aix-Marseille School of Economics & CNRS)
Sanjeev Goyal (University of Cambridge)
Vasco M. Carvalho (University of Cambridge)
Stefano Battiston (University of Zurich)
Brown Bag Seminars
Brown Bag occasional seminars are jointly organized together with other research units at IMT on multidisciplinary cross-cutting topics. Invited speakers or resident researchers may present ongoing works or research ideas that touches upon the diverse research interests of the IMT community.
June 6th, 2018. Italian Renaissance, pop culture and the video game industry: the case of Assassin's Creed. Invited speaker: Marcello Simonetta, Medici Archive Project.
March 13th, 2018. The Chinese Belt & Road Initiative: Security and Cybersecurity on the New Silk Road. Invited speaker: Alessandro Arduino, Shanghai Academy of Social Science & King's College London.
March 8th, 2018. Framing Effects and the Elicitation of Preferences in Social Dilemmas: the Role of (Mis)Perceptions. Invited speaker: Simone Quercia, University of Bonn.
January 30th, 2018. Blockchain and its economic implications. Resident speaker: Andrea Canidio, IMT Lucca.
July 17th, 2017. Global ownership and corporate control networks. Resident speaker: Armando Rungi, IMT Lucca.